Tuesday, October 6, 2009

1 Year Anniversary!!!












Thats right its been 1 year ago today that we started our FIGHT!!! And FIGHT we DID :)
We almost lost Avarie so many times over this last year, but she survived it and beat it. Thats right CANCER WE BEAT YOU!!! My baby is laughing and walking again and you didn't get her. She is an amazing and strong little girl and she didn't let you beat her. Avarie is a survivor. She survived and now she is well on her way to a full recovery. She still has a long way to go to be fully recovered, but she amazes us every day with all she is getting back. She now walks almost exclusively and has started potty training again. She can almost wear a clip, her hair is coming in so thick and dark. She is doing really GREAT!
Here is a little video to show everyone how well she is doing.
I'm sorry I don't post more often. Emotionally I am just ready to move on with life. I don't want to keep living cancer. Cancer is so draining. I will keep updating as often as I can, but it may be only every week or two. I am just ready to try to live life and try to feel normal. Life almost feels normal again and it feels so good to feel normal.

9 comments:

Breanna said...

I am so overjoyed for Avarie and your family. You never gave up the fight and you have made it, you are truly an inspiration:)

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

She is looking amazing!!!

The Hymas Clan said...

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! That is AWESOME!!! I am SOOO happy for you guys!!! One word, AMAZING!!! Your little girl is truly amazing and strong!!! Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!

pistolgirl12 said...

oh my gosh.........has it really been 1 year??????? I am so happy for you avarie!!!!!!!!!!

j and k said...

WHat an amazing post!!!!!! One year of the hardest things ever, but look where you are! I am overjoyed hearing she's doing so well. I know it's still a long road, so I don't mean to diminish that, but I'm so excited to think of how much better this year will be for you guys! You deserve the BEST BEST BEST! She is looking absolutely wonderful!

Heidi said...

That's so awesome. I'm so glad to see her doing so good. Can't wait tell she can come out to primary again.

Bree said...

She looks awesome, I'm soooo happy to hear that she's doing good!!

Unknown said...

That is so, so wonderful--way to go, Avarie! I hope that her recovery continues to go well and go quickly. Yay!

Faye said...

I am so happy for you all!You never gave up.Im sorry I have not been around. I am getting better every day! I never stopped praying for you.I love the pic.and I love you all! I will check in when I can! Love, Faye