Friday, May 20, 2011

Almost 2 years Post Transplant! WOW!!!

It's been almost 2 years since we checked in to Doernbecher for Avarie's transplant. She actually had her bone marrow transplant on June 26th 2009. I can't believe its been so long. In some ways it feels like it never actually happened. But other days it still feels very real.
I am soooo happy to report that Avarie is doing AMAZING!!! She had her check up today and her counts were perfect! She continues to grow and learn. She has absolutely no lingering effects, except for a few attitude issues. But its hard to know if thats from her experience or the fact that she is an emotional, in charge 6 1/2 year old. Probably a little bit of both.
The rest of the family is doing great. Life in our new household is wonderful. Yes there are a few issues with kids adjusting, but we're working through those. Nothing a little time and love can't fix :) I hope....
Life is good...I am still in school full time. I've changed focus and I am no longer going towards nursing. I have decided on Dental hygiene. Its a better fit for my family life and schooling is shorter.
So I know this is a really quick update, and not a ton of detail but I just wanted to let anyone who still logs on to know that we are doing great. Life has NEVER been better...I am so grateful to my father in heaven for the blessings that have been poured upon me. My healthy and happy children and my AMAZING HUSBAND who I am so completely in love with. We're still newly weds so its ok if I'm a little gushy and honestly he really is just that amazing that he deserves the praise :)

0 comments: