Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Going Back to the Hospital Sooner then Expected

Avarie's check up went well today. She did not need any transfusions. I told you I am not good at figuring that one out.
I thought we had until Monday before we had to go back to the hospital for our next round of chemo. Turns out it is this Thursday. It is so wonderful to have been given a lot of notice on that one. I think the reason we weren't fully informed on that is that we have not been regular chemo patients. Avarie has spent most of her time in the hospital so there was not going home and then coming back. We've done that once, but I didn't fully realize that even though this round of chemo is done on Thursday that we had to check back in to begin the next round on the same day. I just assumed we stopped on Thursday and then had a check up on Friday and then go back and start the next round on Monday. I thought she would have the weekend off. Not the case. Oh well. So plans have to change a little. It means she will not be going to church this weekend, I'm glad we went this last week.
Her counts are really good right now and so we had planned on going to three of her cousins birthday parties on Saturday. One in the morning and then twin cousins birthday in the evening. We were just going to make an appearance at them. She gets so tired so fast I knew she would be OK with just stopping by so she could feel a little normal seeing all her cousins again. I just want her to start to feel some normalcy in her life. I want her to remember her life before all of this and know that she will get to do all those things again. She has lost so much of her motivation for life over the last several months, I just want her to get that back.
I don't have my nieces laptop right now. So there may not be many updates until this weekend, unless I can convince my husband to do it. He is so gifted at writing, he just finds it hard to find the time to sit down and write. Some how he finds the responsibilities of taking care of three kids and a home overwhelming, he is short a child too. I have to admit that is very nice to have him finally understand and appreciate what I do around here a little more. He has a hard time keeping up on all of it, but he sure does his best. All I ask of him is that the kids are still alive when I come home and the house is not burned down. So far so good.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I just found your blog I wanted to leave a comment I know your struggle I had lymphoma when I was twelve I was on chemo for 3 years. I have been in remisson for 22 years. Hang in there!

♥ Carrie

Jenell said...

Wow that is amazing to have survived that. Has it made you a stronger person today? Was it horrible going through chemo? I wonder what its doing to her and what effect it will have on her in the long run.
I am so grateful for all comments and support. I am making this blog for people to follow but also for Avarie as a journal so thank you for adding to our journey.

Rachelle said...

Henry will be very sad that Avarie will not be at his party, but of coarse he understands. It's funny because when he first made his birthday invites he told me NO GIRLS. A few days later when I told him that Avarie would be able to come if he wanted, he jumped up and down and had to tell everyone that she was coming. I think it made him feel extra special that she would be able to be there. There will plenty more birthdays in the future...tell he we will save her some cake :-)