Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Few Pictures Of Our Week Home So Far


These are all pictures of Avarie at home this week. This is Avarie playing with her baby brother Sawyer, she loves him so much.
It started snowing tonight and Avarie wanted to go out and play so we bundled her up and took her out. She wasn't the happiest out there and we kept telling her she could go back inside, but she refused. She wanted to be outside so bad. We tried to have a snowball fight, but she just didn't find us all that amusing, we had fun at least and then we brought her in and made her hot chocolate and watched Polar Express, one of her favorite movies.

Then when it was time for bed tonight I was trying to do her meds and wound care and she wanted her big sister, Addisen to hold her hand and rub her head. Addisen rubbed her head and sang to her and actually put her to sleep until I had to clean her tummy tube. I know I'm a mean mom, but at least I got a picture before I had to disrupt them.

href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6c96VAEiFek/SWGd64rZLdI/AAAAAAAAARo/bS-c2IwwEE8/s1600-h/DSC00707.JPG">
Before we took Avarie out, her big sister Addisen went out and made her a snowball. Addisen was cold, but she wanted to make Avarie the biggest snow ball she could. She then stuck the snowball in my freezer to save for later. I will have to dispose of that one later and tell them it melted. I don't want a huge snowball in my freezer, there is enough ice in there that needs to be dethawed.


This picture is of Avarie and her friend Brooklyn Gallup. Brooklyn lives across the street and is in our ward. They have always been good friends. This is the first time Avarie and Brooklyn could play together since Avarie had gotten sick. Brooklyn came over and watched a movie with her and ate popcorn. They are both covered up in shawls. The shawls were crocheted by Brooklyn's Grandma just for them. They were so cute sitting there in their big girl shawls watching a movie together. Avarie really enjoyed it, but next time she says she wants to play dress up. Not sure how I'm going to make that one work, since dressing her is a tremendous chore, but somehow we will figure it out.

2 comments:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

It is nice to see that she is being able to have some "4 year old" moments! She is a cutie!

Tiffany said...

I have no idea if what I am about to write has any merit. If not I am sorry and Please ignore me but I am telling everyone I know with cancer in the hopes that it is true.
My friend just wrote me this....
I recently learned about how alkalizing our bodies can stop cancer and disease from spreading. Cancer and disease thrive in an acidic environment but once the body has returned back to it's natural alkaline state the way God designed our bodies to properly function then disease and cancer DISAPPEARS entirely. I have read of hundreds of people who were in advance stages of cancer and are now cancer free just from drinking alkaline water. This practice is used in 250 hospitals in Japan and has been around for 30+ years there but we are just starting to hear about it here in the US.

I have not idea where one would get Alkaline water, Who knows, I hope it is helpful, it might not help for what ails your sweet little girl but I have to say it just in case.
My prayers are with you.