Saturday, January 10, 2009

A moment to Destress

Things have gone pretty well today. The only stressful time was the last couple of hours before bedtime. Trying to get everyone in bed and night meds and diapers to change and this one needs this and this one can't find that and this one wants a song. AHHHHHH! I got through it and finally they are all tucked in, teeth brushed and in bed. Still have night meds to do, but I will get those done in a minute after I destress for a second. Craig is covering someones shift tonight. He is trying to pick up a few extra shifts when he can. Right now with Avarie home and things going ok its a good time to try to get some extra hours in. Usually he is only working part time because we have to have someone with our 3 other kids and then we had to switch places at the hospital so that the 3 other kids could still see mommy and Avarie could still see Daddy. We're only making it financially because of so many wonderful people that have helped us. There is no way we could have pulled all this off if there hadn't been so many people helping us. Someone had to be with Avarie at all times and had Craig had to work full time during that time I would have maybe seen my other kids a couple of hours a week and maybe 1 night home a week. It was hard enough only seeing them Friday afternoon's through Monday mornings. I can't imagine how hard that would have been on them for it to have been longer. So thank you to everyone that has helped us through all of this and Thank you to Craig's work for being so understanding and acomodating. I know that has been very difficult for them to try to work around some of his scheduling problems but they have been wonderful about it.
Avarie seems to be doing good today. Her wheelchair finally came today. We are renting a wheelchair through a medical supply company. It has taken a while to get it because they couldn't bill our insurance if she was in the hospital. She had to be an outpatient to receive it. So finally today it came and the kids and I took her for a walk around the block in it. It was a little bumpier then I think she had expected and definitely a lot colder. We just made it around the block once, but at least she had a little fresh air and a break from sitting on the couch.
We are going to try to take her to Sacrament Meeting tomorrow. For any one reading this that may not be a member of our church that is the first hour of our church meeting. It is where we all meet together as families and listen to speakers and partake of the Sacrament. Her counts are really good right now, they have bounced back since chemo two weeks ago. She just had a small dose of chemo on Friday, but it shouldn't lower her counts too much. So we are just going to Sacrament Meeting and not sending her to her class. She's not ready for that. I am hoping for a good night and a good morning so that we will actually be able to make it there by 9am. The plan is for Addisen and Carter to stay for the rest of church and then come home with our neighbors. We are so lucky to have such wonderful neighbors. They showed up here tonight with a completely repaired dresser drawer of Addisen's that had been broken since we got the dresser and a bundle of hangers, obviously they have spent a lot of time at my house to know that hangers were in short supply. They then took Addisen and Carter to the library with them so that they could have a break and me. I am so grateful for their help, they have become family to us.
Well I think my destressing is done. I need to get back to work and get Avarie her night meds and then try to pick up a little before Craig gets back from work in about 30 minutes. I like to pretend I kept it clean the whole time he was gone. I think he knows better, but it makes me feel like a supermom to keep up the facade.

1 comments:

Breanna said...

I am really glad that Avarie gets to be at home.I think that is the best place for one to heal, if they can be in their comfortable, familiar surroundings. Hopefully things will continue so she can stay.
Don't sell yourself short...the supermom thing is definitely not a facade.