Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 3 - After Transplant

This weekend has been pretty uneventful, so sorry I haven't posted. We've just been kind of hanging out. Avarie has been doing pretty well. We may have one complication arising, but I'm trying not to overreact to it, and I'm partly trying to deny it so that I don't get too worked up over it. Avarie tested positive for the Rhino Virus, which is just the common cold, this last week. She hadn't developed any symptoms so we kind of thought we were in the clear. Then the other day we noticed that she was coughing just a little. It was just a small dry cough that only happened a couple of times that day, but since then it has been getting a little worse each day. Today was the first day though that we could say, yes she definitely has a cough. So far her lungs are clear and she has no fevers, but with no immune system this could turn really serious really fast. A common cold for us our body will fight off and so we may get a bad cold or even congested, but Avarie has no immune system to keep it under control or to fight it. It could spread and become really serious. I am trying to stay optimistic and like I said I am trying to not get too worked up about it. Just take it day by day thats all we can do. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Craig traded me out tonight so that I could have a small break away from the hospital. But I don't think I am going to be able to stay away if I get a call tomorrow that she has gotten worse. So tonight I am praying for a miracle. Lungs is definitely one of those organs you pray you don't have a problem with. I will update as soon as I can. Just know that for now her lungs are clear, her oxygenation level is 100-98%, that is great and she has no fevers.

2 comments:

Faye said...

I am praying! I am also praying for faith for all of us!I love you all so much.I will be checking for updates!

auntlinda said...

Hey there Jenell, Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to you! And I'm glad to hear that things are going so well for Avarie. I am keeping grandma updated about Avarie. We'll have to get them together soon, when Avarie's counts start coming up. Love ya Aunt Linda