Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Delays and more Delays

Avarie didn't start Physical Therapy Rehab this week. She still couldn't keep anything down and the surgeons want to make sure there is not some problem. She underwent a test on Monday looking at her large intestine and colan and it came back normal, today they are doing a "small bowel follow through". It is where they make her drink some contrast and then take several x-rays of her stomach as it goes through her. If that comes back normal then we will restart feeds with her and just have to try to keep her comfortable while her body re-adjusts to food again, she has not taken anything by mouth in over 3 weeks and so its possible that her body is just not use to processing food and needs to re-adjust. The surgeons just want to be careful and make sure that we're not missing something.
Avarie has chemo this weekend and then will start rehab on Monday. She will be in rehab for 2 weeks and then has chemo again at the end of that 2 weeks. So we will be in the hospital for another 3 weeks, Yay! We love the hospital! I'm thinking about moving the whole family in and just paying them rent, its my new idea. Sounds like a good plan to me, at least we would all be together again.

2 comments:

Faye said...

Bless your heart.My heart just hurts for you all.I have all my friends praying for you.I wish there was something I could do to help you.Just know I am lifting you all up in prayer!Sending you hugs! Faye

Amber G. said...

I am so sorry this is happening to you guys. At least we have Heavenly Father to help us. Keeping you guys in my prayers! And so is my friend. Love you! =)