Thursday, April 2, 2009

Roid Rage, grrrrrrrrr!

Just letting everyone know that chemo is going ok for Avarie today. She was admitted yesterday and Craig decided to stay with her the whole time so that I could have a break. That has not worked out, she is hysterical for me, so I am getting ready and heading up there in a few minutes. I just can't let my baby scream for me and not be there for her. I had a nice night last night and a good morning. I was even able to make jelly today. We have been out and so I thawed some strawberries and made some freezer jam this morning. It felt so nice to do something that felt so normal. We are expecting Avarie home tomorrow.
Avarie is on steroids this week in addition to her chemo's. Steroids produce a very grumpy and angry four year old. Think roid rage in an already emotional child, not the funnest person to be around. But we'll survive it, we always survive it. That is kind of our motto right now, "just survive it!"

2 comments:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

oh man.....i hear you on the streroid thing.....jared has been taking a small dose of steroids for swelling issues from his recent battle with infected lymph nodes....and boy, was he awefully grumpy! this morning was his last dose....so glad to be done with that.....he is usually semi-grumpy anyway, so it didn't help his disposition any!

j and k said...

Oh, I HATE the steroids! It's like different children on them. When Grace takes them, we have to keep Tanner somewhat away from her, because she becomes so mean to him and it hurts his feelings. I'm not sure he fully understands that it's not her fault. But, I'm so glad that things are going relatively ok, and that you have little moments stolen away for normalcy (the new normal-huh! :-)
You guys are surviving-little by little day by day-you're making it through-and in everyone's eyes you're AMAZING!