Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 12 Graft vs Host starting

I've been trying to download a cute little video of Avarie, but I can't figure out how to do it from this hospital computer, oh well I'll download when I head home in a couple of days.
Avarie is doing really well. She is bored, but she's hanging in there. Her blood counts have been bouncing all around, but they have been staying really low, so we are feeling better about the transplant. Her white count will go up to .5 one day and then back to .2 the next, but her platelets continue to climb a little each day. So I'm not really sure what to make of it, but last night we got our first Good/Bad news. Avarie started getting a rash. Its good news because it means that her new marrow is starting to grow, but the bad news is that it is the start of Graft vs. Host. Its possible that the Graft vs. Host won't get too bad, we're all hoping that. Today the rash has gotten a little worse, but its not bothering her at all, its just kind of there. So we just sit and wait and keep and eye on it and here.
Other news, the fuzzy head Avarie had is all falling out and man is it falling out fast. We noticed hair on her pillow yesterday afternoon, but today if you put your hand up there it comes down covered in hair. It just falls out and it is everywhere, except her head. Her little bit of hair that she had is looking really thin and sad. We just made it a joke and that is the video that I was trying to post. She puts her hand up there and keeps pulling her hair out and laughing. I am so glad that she finds it funny and knows that it will grow back. She says she wants it to grow back like Rupunzel.
Avarie can't have any kid visitors, but she would love any adult visitors that want to come play with her. Obviously if she already knows you it would be a much more fun visit for her, so to anyone reading this that knows Avarie and might have a free hour or so, she would love people to come play Candyland with her or build a puzzle or play pretend. Mom and Dad are kind of burned out and she is getting a little stir crazy. But please if you have any sick symptoms or sickness around you please just wait, but if your healthy and up for a challenge from a little girl who never loses at Candyland and Chutes and Ladders she would love to challenge you. Or if you have any other fun new games Avarie would love to play against you, Mom and Dad would appreciate the break from constant entertainment. Thanks everyone for your continued prayers and support.

4 comments:

mommyof6 said...

As soon as this cold is completely done with me I am will do my best to take on the challenge of beating her! Tell her Auntie misses her a ton. Did she like her necklace?

Faye said...

Hey there! So glad to hear from you! Everyone is praying for you all! Sending you hugs! Love, Faye

j and k said...

I would love to come visit with her any time. If you think she'd be comfortable with me I'd love to relieve you for a bit! Grace is in for chemo on Wed. and though I know she can't have kids in her room, I'll stop by and see if there's a good day for you. Do you need anything while I'm coming there anyway? Let me know, ok! Anything at all!

Jenell said...

Kim I can't get over to your blog from here, for some reason I can't click on your name and then get to yours and I don't have the address here. Also our email address has changed it is www.jgiles6@yahoo.com. I would love for you to visit. Email me and we can figure it all out. I am hoping that I will be at church on Sunday. Craig was suppose to have traded me out today, but the baby got the flu and now Craig thinks he has it too. So we'll see if I get home before Sunday.