Friday, July 17, 2009

HOME!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Avarie's ANC has been going up slowly everyday and they have been thinking that she would come home probably this next week sometime if all continued to go well. Then this morning Avarie surprised us all with an ANC of 1400 or 1.4. She had to have an ANC of 500 or .5 for two days in a row to be able to go home. With her ANC so high and by so high I don't mean its actually high, it is still a low ANC for a normal person, but for her it is amazing, Avarie is coming home tomorrow. Depending on when your reading this, because I'm posting pretty late tonight, it may be that Avarie is coming home today. I'm probably being confusing, sorry, I am just so excited and stressed at the same time. I didn't get the carpets cleaned or the house disinfected. So I have been setting it all up today, the carpet cleaner is coming first thing in the morning and help is coming to help come and disinfect. I am so grateful to everyone willing to come at the last minute like this to make this all possible.
Avarie has just gone through transplant with out any problems, besides the early bacteria infection and line problems, but as far as transplants go this has been one of the smoothest ever. (KNOCK ON WOOD!!) We still have a long way to go, but so far everything is looking amazing. We will probably do the big test at the end of this next week to determine which blood she has. By big test I mean important, not that its scary or invasive. Its just a lab draw, I believe. They just test her blood to see is it her blood or the donors. We hope for the donors. It should be pretty easy to determine, they just look for either XX or XY blood cells. Boy or girl cells. Its possible there could be a mix, well a lot of things are possible. I am just so grateful to have gotten this far and had it go smoothly. Avarie has never had anything go smoothly in this whole process. Everything has been a struggle and an "interesting case". It is nice to finally have things go our way. I know with out a doubt it is because of all the prayers that are being offered on her behalf. She is definitely one loved little girl by so many. Thank you all for your prayers, I know they have been heard and now we can all see the result of our prayers. Please don't stop yet though, we still have a little further to go, but we're almost there. Its like the finish line is just up ahead and if I just reach my hand a little further I'll be there. It feels so close, I just hope I'm not getting my hopes up too high. I should say I am cautiously optimistic and I haven't felt this optimistic in a long time. It feels great! It will feel even better when this is all behind us.
So if all goes well, Avarie will be coming home Today(because its after midnight when I'm finishing this)! Not sure what time yet, but HURRAY!!!

4 comments:

j and k said...

That is fantastic! I'm so pleased for you guys! Have fun at home being ALL together!

The Hymas Clan said...

Holy cow, holy cow!!!! Yay!!!!! I am so excited!!!! I was on facebook this morning and saw that you posted that she is coming home sometime today and I think I screamed because Thayne goes what the heck is going on? Haha!!! We will continue to pray that things go well!!!!! Love you guys!!!

Josh said...

hi this is josh boes that is soooo fasinating to hear that avarie is doingsoo well. say hi to avarie for me,
josh

pistolgirl12 said...

Hey Avarie!

I am writing this note from Salt Lake City,Utah! I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you! I love you so much and wish I could have been there to clean your house for you! LOL! Love You Lotz!

Love,

Nicole ;P