Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Surviving day to day





I may only post once a week for awhile, or when something big happens. Life is just a little crazy right now and honestly I'm just really tired, I am finding it hard to find the time and modivation to sit down and do much of anything but survive right now. Especially with this heat, at least our air conditioning is working. I am so grateful for that. I just wish it was working in the car, the car rides are horrible with this heat, but it is just way too expensive to fix. We don't get heat like this often, so if we just wait a little bit the heat will end and we'll be ok. Our windshield wipers and heat work and those are more necessities here in Oregon then air conditioning.
Avarie had her bone marrow biopsy today. It went well. We should get some preliminary results later this week, but for the full break down on which marrow cells are in her it will be next week some time. She has started having a lot more tummy pain, especially at night. The Dr seems to think that it may be graft vs host starting. They think she may just be delayed, which is uncommon but not unheard of. Avarie always gets the uncommon thing. At least it has renewed my hope that the transplant worked. I have been mentally preparing myself for the fact that it may not have worked and it may be her marrow inside, but with this latest tummy issue I am starting to feel hopeful. I hate that it makes me happy that she is having discomfort. I'm just so ready for this all to be over and be able to move on with our life. I just hate to think that the transplant didn't work and that we would have to go through all this again. But I'm not going there, I am determined to remain hopeful. Its been hard this last couple of weeks. Its been a long couple of weeks for us. She is doing great, its just life seems hard right now and yet everything seems stuck dealing with cancer so I can't go and fix anything in life. I hate that feeling. I am a fixer and well as many of you who know me I'm kind of a, just a little bit of a controller. I hate having so much going on in my life and be unable to control any of it or do anything to fix it.
I will update when I have some info, but please know that Avarie is doing great, it is amazing to see her doing so well after such a hard path that she took early on. I'm just ready to be able to say all my kids are healthy and be able to start making plans for the future and stop just living day to day.
Sorry if this post was kind of down sounding, its just kind of where I'm at right now. I'll shake out of it soon.
Hope you enjoy the pictures. They were from Sawyer's Birthday. He turned 2 on Monday the 27th. Avarie helped make his cupcakes and his blue frosting. She ate so much blue frosting that her diapers where odd colored the next day.

3 comments:

kathy g. said...

Dear Jenelle (I may have spelled your name wrong) sorry I can't remember. Just wanted you to know how much I love you and how proud I am to know you! You do not have to apologize for being a little down sometimes. My gosh I would be so gone by now! You are so amazing and I look up to you so much. I wish I had even half of your strength and courage. You must be being prepared for something great to have to endure so much! Please know that I think of you every day and even Kevin reads Avaries blog. Let me tell you that is huge, he never reads!Anyway we are all praying, hoping and wishing for one big last miracle for miss avarie, who is amazing in her own right! What a strong little girl and so cute. I love seeing her pictures looking so happy and enjoying life. What a blessing for her to feel good for a change! You have always been strong and have always been very level headed, you will survive this! Take care of yourself and never apologize for not being upbeat 100% of the time. We should all be as positive as you have been.With much love and prayers for you and your sweet family, Kathy Getty

Shele U. said...

Jenelle,

You don't know me, I am JR Ujifusa's mom. I read your blog all the time and your sweet Avarie is in my prayers as well as you and your entire family. Your experience is something I dont have any idea of what your heartache and pain is, but I want you to know I'm so proud of your courage and faith.

I was wondering if I could help your family with something to ease your load. Please call me (1-801-533-0369).

Keep your chin up and kiss Avarie for me.

With love, Shele

Shele U. said...

Oh my! I dont know how I got that Blue-eyed name hope Its' gone now! oops!