Sunday, October 26, 2008

Countdown to day 29! Only 10 days left!

Only 10 days left until day 29. I'm honestly a little nervous for day 29. What if they still find any leukemia in her bone marrow on that day. Then we will be looking at agressive intensive chemotherapy. We already know she is going to have more intensive chemotherapy as it is. I am just ready for this to start moving in a better direction. I know that some of the leukemia has been killed, but there is still so much left. And the longer it takes to get it under control the harder it is to treat.
Avarie started losing hair today. Its the first time so far. I had expected to have some fall out occasionally like when I washed her hair or brushed it, but up until today it had held strong. Today though I started noticing quite a bit of loose hairs on her and on her pillow. They say it will go fast now. I'm not quite sure what fast means, like in two days in one week I don't know. When we see it start to really fall out we will shave it. I don't want her to have to watch clumps of her hair fall out around her. She is not happy about the losing her hair thing, but we have just made it a normal part of our day to talk about so that hopefully she has gotten more use to the idea. She has even complained a couple of times about her hair getting in her face and I have told her how nice that will be when she doesn't have to worry about that any more. She even agreed to a haircut, just she said not a boy haircut.
I took Addisen and Carter to church today for their primary program. It was the cutest primary program, our ward did such a good job finding roles for all of the kids and showcasing some of the wonderful talent some of the kids have. It was hard to listen to the sunbeams sing "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam". Avarie is suppose to be there with them, she will soon. It was harder to get through church then I thought it would be. Everything seemed to make me emotional. But I got through it. My mom stayed home with Avarie and Sawyer. Church is pointless with Sawyer, he just runs the halls. But it was definitely nice to get out and have that spirtual reminder that I am not alone. Thats important right now, I needed that today.

2 comments:

Breanna said...

I am looking forward to our wards' childrens' program. It is always very uplifting and one of my favorite things!

Heather said...

Janelle, It was great seeing you at church! I too missed Avarie in class. I thought about her often during the program. Please let her know that Sister Hawkins and Sister Johnson cant wait for her return!!!