Monday, October 27, 2008

Yummy Meals, and Wonderful Friends and Family

I included in this blog pictures of Sawyer enjoying his spaghetti dinner. He loves spaghetti. I love anything that I don't have to cook. It always taste better if I didn't have to cook it.


I want to dedicate this blog entry to all of the people that have helped to make our life a little easier right now. It is hard to put in to words how much I love and appreciate all that you have done for us. We have had many meals brought in, all of them yummy and much appreciated. We have had our house scrubbed top to bottom. I have amazing family and have even made several friends that have sat and talked with me and let me get through some of the tough moments. We have had wonderful friends and family stop by gifts for Avarie, even wonderful homemade pictures from some of the children in the ward. They are all up on the fridge right now. We have family planning amazing events to try to help us through the financial aspect of this all and we have had extended family and friends from everywhere step up and contribute and help. Honestly I am amazed at how many people there are willing to help right now. It is times like this when you realize how many peoples lives you have touched and been a part of and them a part of ours. Many of our family and friends have helped with our children, they have all loved every moment they have spent with all of you. You must have kept them all very happy, because they are always wanting to know "Do we get to go anywhere today?" and Sawyer, the baby, will go to almost anyone over me right now, he still hasn't forgiven me for weening him 4 weeks ago. He sure can hold a grudge. Then tonight we had a family from our ward stop by and bring us the funnest Family Home Evening Lesson and activity. I don't think I have even thought about F.H.E. in over a month, that was so appreciated. Even more appreciated was the wonderful gift they gave to our family. They know who they are and what it was, Thank You! I didn't realize what the gift completely was until after they left, but it left me speechless. I also have this secret fairy(that's what I call her) every time I leave my house I come back and my fairy has been in my home, vacuuming or doing laundry, or turning my toilets blue(that's what my son calls it, its just toilet cleaner but he thinks its so funny). I love that Fairy, she has been a rock to me. I have so many rocks in my life, I am so grateful for them all.
So this post is to all of you, your love is felt and so appreciated. I have always had a hard time accepting help, I am definitely learning a very valuable lesson right now and that is to accept the help and love from those around me. I have just always had an issue with not wanting to be a burden to anyone, or to inconvenience them, I realize now that I am a burden to myself when I don't let others help. Thank You all for helping me carry this load. It is definitely heavier then I had thought it would be, and I am so grateful that you all had the foresight to know that and to step in help before I became too bogged down.

4 comments:

Jason Young said...

We are so saddened to hear this news, but so greatful at all the help that you guys are getting. I sure wish we were closer so we could help. Please know that your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Be Strong Giles Family! You can do this!!

We love you!

The Youngs

Bonnie Tucker said...

I want you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Wish we were closer to be more help but just know that we are thinking of you at this hard time in your lives. Love Bonnie

Melinda said...

Avarie is very lucky to have so many friends and family members who care about her. I glad your family has so much support and I hope you allow people to help durning this hard time. We are praying for your family and I am looking forward to seeing a big smile from Avarie again. Love the Malik-Byers family

j and k said...

My name is Kim and a friend of mine, Heidi McDonald, told me about you. My daughter, Grace was diagnosed with ALL on Aug. 15. She began Chemo immediately. I just want you to know that my heart aches for what you're going through and you will be in my prayers! If there is anything you need-ever please just let me know! My email is kimujifusa@yahoo.com and you can check out our family blog at www.jrandkim.blogspot.com if you want to. Your family is just precious. I am so sorry about your hardship!