Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 7 Chemo

Today was a good day in many ways. Avarie started walking a little bit, with help, her legs are still wobbly. She also started eating a little more, which is good because she has barely been eating since all of this happened. There were days where all she had was a Popsicle. So it is nice to see her starting to get a bit of an appetite back. Except she claims to not like anything any more. Everything you ask her she does not like, even if you were to offer chocolate. Strange, but her taste buds seem out of whack.
There is no really big thing to report from today, except to say I am exhausted. I can not pin point any one thing that happened today to make me exhausted, I just am. By the end of the day it seemed like every single voice in this house was all talking at once and they were all trying to talk to me. I want to make sure I am giving everyone enough attention. All of my children need my attention and I feel like they are being neglected in some way. I know its just my mommy guilt, but I am trying hard to make sure they all feel loved and like they are getting enough mommy time.
Tomorrow is a big day for Avarie. She goes in really early in the morning for another spinal tap and a bone marrow biopsy, plus another dose of Chemo. We should also find out what kind of genetic make up her leukemia has, if it is a t-cell leukemia or a b-cell. We are hoping for b-cell, t-cell is harder and longer to treat. Also we are still hoping for a clean spinal tap. If they find any leukemia in her spinal fluid she will have to under go radiation to her head to treat it. The brain protects itself even from the chemo, radiation is the only way to treat it completely if it gets in there. So we're hoping for a bunch of things tomorrow. I hate the thought of even going back, worried what will happen.
I will update this blog as soon as I can tomorrow so everyone can know any results that we get, unless we end up back in the hospital, that is one of my new worries. Every time we go in if her blood counts are too low, or if they see anything that warrants any concern and there is a long list of possible things for concern, things as simple as a runny nose.
I included this picture so everyone that was unable to visit us could see where we were for all that time. It was a small room, but we managed. Avarie is sitting in the wagon, she liked to be in the wagon, I think it was a safety thing to her. As long as she was in the wagon nothing bad was going to happen. The bad things like blood shots and medicines only happened when she was in her bed, so she liked the wagon a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so comfy in her wagon. I still can't believe any of this is happening to her. Kris's sister had luekemia when she was little and it went into remission when she was 8 and now she is 37 has 2 kids and is doing great. There is not a day that goes by that I am not thinking of her, you, and all the family there in Washington. I miss you all!

Bonnie Tucker said...

We are so sorry to hear the news about your little daughter. We will keep her in our prayers and don't that our thoughts and prayers are with you both. Take care of yourselves and hope that all will be well in the end. Bonnie Tucker