Monday, December 22, 2008

Almost Home! Just not Today

I have always loved the snow. I can honestly say it has never impacted me negatively. It was always a wonderful thing when school got canceled for snow or work was closed. I have always seen the snow as a fun distraction, but not anymore. I am not a fan of the snow today. Because of the snow we can not get Avarie home today. The reason is that the home health people that are suppose to come in and bring the machines that we take home with us and teach us how to administer her meds and feeds at home could not get in today. There are a couple of other kids here today that are in the same boat. They were also suppose to go home today but can't. We are hopeful for tomorrow, but the roads are not suppose to be any better then today, so who knows when we will get home. I am hopeful for tomorrow, but trying to be realistic.
Craig and I still had to switch places today though. He has to be able to get to work tomorrow, there are people counting on him. My brother, Brandon, was wonderful enough to come and pick me up in his truck with chains and take me to Fred Meyers because I needed to grab a few things for Christmas that I was not going to have another chance to get, and then he drove me here and picked up Craig. Not only that he also took my other kids for the night and possibly the next two nights because Craig has to go to work and everyone is snowed in and not able to get to my house and stay and then get home after. Craig doesn't get off until 10:30 pm. Brandon is a good brother and my sister in law, Becky, is wonderful because she has a newborn baby and 5 other kids, yes they have 6 kids, and they still took my 3 kids. They are either crazy or extremely wonderful, I'm pretty sure a little of both, haha just kidding they are wonderful people.
The nurses are all angry for me at the home health people, so I am just trying to stay optimistic and I am trying to not hate the snow, but I'm not seeing the same beauty in it today that I saw before.

2 comments:

Becky said...

We're not crazy. We just love you. It's actually a bit of a relief on my part to have someone for my older boys to play with. They've been driving me insane, they're so bored! We're praying you can come home tomorrow.
Becky

Becky said...

That didn't come out exactly like I wanted it. Umm, we're praying, FOR YOUR SAKE, that you can come home tomorrow. As for us, we're fine till Wednesday with your kids. You have good kids!
Becky