Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hospital Gloves


Avarie wanted to put on some hospital gloves this morning because we all had them on. Doesn't she look thrilled about it? She actually had a good time with them on for about 10 minutes, she didn't smile, but she enjoyed it. We have to wear gloves when handling her diapers because they are testing them to see if she might have an infection that causes bad diarrhea called C-DIF. I don't think she has it, but better safe then sorry. So for right now every one has to wear gloves and protective gear when coming into the room. Protective gear means a hospital protective gown and gloves. Also the food people won't bring her food tray in, the give it to the nurse and the nurse brings it in. Although she is allowed to leave the room. Seems like some silly rules to me. If they have to take those kinds of precautions then you would think they would ask her to stay in her room at least until the test comes back. C-DIF is common in hospitals.
I did get Avarie to play Candyland with me today. It is a Dora Candyland. The figures are Dora, Boots, Diego and Backpack rather then the colored gingerbread guys. She actually had a good time and did laugh and smile at me because Diego kept slipping out of my hand. I made sure Diego slipped a lot. We then played pretend with the figures. It is wonderful to see her able to be a little girl again. Even if it is only for a little bit. Slowly I feel like she is coming back to us.

7 comments:

Breanna said...

You are right, she doesn't look too thrilled in the picture. Still what a beautiful, strong girl, after all that she has endured, and the same goes for you too.
Sounds like Dora Candyland is a keeper.:)(It's always good to hear about smiles.)

Maremone said...

I'm amazed at your smile! You are holding up so well

Becky said...

What a wonderful Christmas present!I hope you continue to see a little more of her every day.

Bree said...

You are an amazing mom, I am so impressed by each of your posts, Avarie is so lucky to have you.

We are continuing to pray for you, Ellie remembers Avarie every night in her prayers. She's seen a few of the pictures when I've been reading your blog and she hasn't forgotten about her.

(We also have the Dora Candyland and my girls LOVE it too.)

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

I am glad she was able to have a little bit of fun, and is showing a little bit of interest in some things....i am sure that is very nice to have those moments.

mommyof6 said...

All princess wear gloves:)

Tiffany said...

I cry when I think of how hard this musb be for you and your family. I have small children and cant imagine them suffering at all, let alone all the struggles Avarie has had to endure. I am praying for you and your lovely family.