Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Home to stay and HAPPY NEW YEAR!



This is a picture from last New Year's Eve. My parents had all of the grandkids stay the night at their house and let all of us adults have an evening together. The kids all had a great time. Avarie is buried in there with her cousins. The other picture is her being silly Christmas night. Even though she does not feel well she still finds ways to let her silliness show through.
We made it home, no unexpected fevers or delays. We are at home. The other kids spent the night at their Grandma's so that we could get Avarie settled in and all of her meds figured out with out distraction. It all went well and we are fairly settled in. The kids came home this afternoon along with Zakk, Avarie's big brother. He is 16 and we haven't seen him since summer. Avarie is very happy to see him and he is so sweet he is so gentle with her. Most 16 year old boys couldn't care less about their younger siblings but Zakk is always so great with all of the kids, they all love him so much. Craig has to work tonight and tomorrow night and so Zakk is helping me with the kids by playing with them and keeping them happy and busy.
The plan for Avarie is for her to remain at home and go back to the Dr's every Tuesday and Friday for check ups. She will be due for chemo again in just a little over 2 weeks and we will be back in the hospital then for that, but until then we will be able to stay outpatients until then.
So far home is going much smoother then it did on Christmas, I think that is because I knew a little more what I was in for. Things seem to be a little bit better although very busy. So my updates may be short for awhile unless there is something big happening.
I hope you all have a very wonderful New Year. We are hopeful for a great New Year. 2009 is going to be a better year then 2008, I am anxious for the new year to begin and leave this year as a memory. I hope 2009 is wonderful for us all. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

I am glad she is home! Let me know if you need help with anything.

Tiffany said...

Yeah, Keep it up. I am rooting for you and your sweet family.

Bree said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going good. I wish I was there to help, but I will continue to pray and I, too, hope you have a great 2009!

auntlinda said...

I'm glad to hear that things are going a little better, hang in there. I wish you all the best for 2009 !!!!!!! Hope to see you guys soon. Maybe Grandma's birthday? She'll be 82. Love Aunt Linda