Tuesday, December 23, 2008

OH NO, NOT AGAIN!

Avarie spiked 104 fever last night and has continued to run fevers through the night. The nurses tell me to not give up hope yet of going home for Christmas, they say there is still a small possibility she could go home for maybe just Christmas Eve through Christmas and then come back, but its only a small chance. Most likely we will be spending Christmas here. I haven't told her yet, she thinks its just the snow keeping us here for now. I am waiting because I don't want her to feel responsible for not being able to go home, its better if she can be mad at something else keeping her here rather than her own body. I am waiting for the Dr to come in this morning and the Dr on this week is one that I know will do everything possible to get us home even if it is only on an overnight pass and not an actual release. I'll keep you all informed as we hear anything. It is good though that the weather kept us here yesterday, it would have been very traumatic for her to have gone home and had to just basically walk in the front door and then walk back out. I am thankful for that. Heavenly Father was definitely looking out for us yesterday on that one.

4 comments:

Joel and Kristie said...

I'm SO SORRY!! I know you are such a Wonderful mother you will make her Christmas special no matter what! And the good thing is that with Santa's Magic he can find Avarie not matter Where she is!
My sister was just rushed to the hospital last week, her body is full of some mysterious infection and they thought they could cure it with surgery, but after 4 hours of surgery the infection was so intense that they couldn't do anything but close up and keep her in the hospital until they figure out how to fight this. So she is going to miss Christmas with her little girls. I am praying for everyone that has a heavy heart from having Christmas in the hospital. I wish I could give big hugs to both of you!!!

Pistolmom said...

oh no averie that is not good to have a fever over 100. We have been thinking about you and we love you. We hope you feel better and can come home sometime.
love,
the Boes

sissyjane said...

I don't know you or your family. but came across your blog, and have been following it for some time.

May God bless you and your family and most especially your Avarie on this Christmas.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Pistolmom said...

The previous post was from Josh :)