Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday evening post.

This is Craig here writing to you. I have been here since thursday night around eleven p.m. I came directly from work so I would be able to spend a little more time with Jenell. It was nice just to be in the same room as each other for more than fifteen or twenty minutes at a time. I will be here until tommorrow late afternoon. The kids as well as Jenell and I will be tested to see if any of us are a match to Avarie. Lets all keep are fingers crossed. Well since I have been here this run things seem to be kind of at a stand still as far as Avaries progression with most of her current problems(Strength,Ability to eat and swallow. The infection site healing and her mold infection)are the same. A few new changes have been made to a couple of her medications. Her pain medication has gone from a constant rate of 2.5 at one time down to 1.2 currently. This is a good step and sign that her pain is becoming more tolerable and should indicate she will be able to manage the pain with a medication that she can take at home. Also there was a change in her antibotic barrage. She stopped three and and started a new one to deal with the mold but that was causing a rash so they stopped that one started two others. I have spent alot of time in Avaries bed laying by her and falling a sleep at times as the nights a re usally long and sleep is very much broken. Some days she is more awake than others and we go for walks in her new wheel chair. It is good for her to get out of the unit and cruise the hospital a little bit. She has started to ask repeatedly if we are going home tommorrow or when are we going home. It is realy hard beacuse she just cant comprehend why she cant go home. Today after I got up from a very long night she was still a sleep around eight a.m so I laid back down until eleven and that was needed. We had resperatory therapy a few times today but she really slept aot today; Her grandpa Foushee came up to visit and she was just to sleepy to wake up for him. He and I had some lunch and talked about some recent studies surounding radiation. And had some good conversation reguarding some other general areas of interest and types of possible treatment that could directly help Avarie if those avenues we look into are pursued. I just want to make sure my baby girl has every opportunity to succeed and if that means traveling to the moon so be it. I dont want to pigeon hole our care into a concern for the chance of offending someone. I know that any professional in this field should have the ability to understand that a parent of a child whos life depends on the treatment and care he or she is given. May feel the need to look at other opinions and opportunities when those parents feel it is neccessary. I really value my second dad alot. He is a very wise man and it is a very beautiful thing to see how much he loves little Avarie(all of his grand children)and the time care he has put into seeing her battle with this disease be made as easy as possible fo her. And what ever there might be to better her odds of survival he has invested himself in seeking. This could be said of his sweet wife as well and she is a second mother to me. I see so much of her dedication to her children in my wife. I have been so blessed with a wondrful Father and Mother in law that together have raised and given to me the most amazing eternal companion I could ever hope for. Avarie is truly blessed to have her as a mom. I must thanks again all the people who love and support us through these trying times. i am reminded just how sweet and caring people can be every day. Thanks to Darrel and his group from my place of employment for there thoughts and support. Thanks to my bosses for allowing me to support my family,wife and daughter. Thanks to great co-workers who realy are amazing people. Thanks to my aunt Louise and her forces. Thanks to the van of power( the van my brother gave us)Thanks to my family and friends for being completley behind me allways and Avarie as well. Thanks to Jenells family for loving us so much. Thanks for all the hats. Thanks for an amazing ward(wow).I know there is more but I am realy tired so I will report again later.

I truly love you all

Craig L. Giles

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Love you Craigly! You're awesome!

mommyof6 said...

As always thanks for the great post Craig. I have every finger and toe crossed for today! Love you all.

Rachel and Ryan said...

I am so impressed by you and Jenell in the way you both see the blessings in life and don't allow the challenges to distract you. You are two amazing people who I love very much! We continue to pray for Avarie and your family every day. Much love!