Sunday, February 8, 2009

Beautiful Days and Unexplained Pains





The weather was beautiful yesterday and Avarie was feeling great. She went for a long walk with the neighbor girl, Nichole. She watched a bunny rabbit get a bath and stayed up late laughing with mommy. It was really a great day. We woke up today, Sunday to another great day. The weather wasn't as nice but things were going well. Today is Addisen's actual birthday and we had a party planned with the Giles side of the family here at the house. Just a little get together. Avarie started complaining a little about pain on her right side early this morning, but the pain started to get so bad I had to get Morphine out and give her some. She is already getting so much pain medicine I hate giving her more, but she was hurting so much. It seemed to help a little. We called the Dr because Avarie's liver enzymes and bilirubin levels have been up recently with out any explanation and so when she began complaining about pain in the same spot that her liver is I was worried. The Dr wanted to give her a little longer and see how she did. The pain got better for a little while, but kept kind of creeping back in. When everyone got here for the party we had my father in law and brother in law help give her a blessing. The pain got so bad that I started packing my bags because I was sure that we were headed back in to the hospital. She eventually calmed down and we went ahead and had a little party for Addisen, but I kept the bags packed just in case. She has since fallen asleep and has not been complaining of the pain in the last couple of hours, but I am not sure what to expect tonight, so I have my bags at the top of the stairs just in case. We are headed back in tomorrow morning anyway, I am just hoping it doesn't have to end up an emergency early admittance.
The picture of Sawyer was from yesterday, but Avarie loves it so much I included it in here. It makes her laugh to look at it, she loves that baby so much. He loves her too, he is just so naughty to her sometimes. He wants to love her and lay on her all the time, but he also wants to take anything she is holding and she can't defend herself or he wants to literally lay on her which hurts her. He's at that age where the more you tell him no the more he does it. It's a good thing he is so stinky cute and that Avarie loves him enough to forgive him. It doesn't matter what he does to her, he is still the first one she wants to see when she comes home or when they come to visit.

5 comments:

Breanna said...

Oh, she looks so adorable in her pink sunglasses.

Groves Family said...

I had a lot of fun on Saturday with Avarie and I just keep hoping she will get better soon. I Love you Giles Family!!1

Nicole

Rachelle said...

We had a great time hanging out with you guys on Sunday! I LOVED actually being able to chat with Avarie! It made my month!

Rachelle said...

p.s. I would love to see some of the pics you took on Sun...

j and k said...

I'm so glad she got out for a little sunshine...and she looks adorable! I'm just sorry she was hurting. It's so hard to watch when you feel so helpless, I know. But, you're doing such a great job caring for everyone!