Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fever oh Fever why doest though torment me!

We are preparing to take Avarie back in to the hospital today. It is an unplanned trip, but she spiked a fever and so we have to bring her in. I know we'll be staying because she has had a cough for several days and I'm sure the fever is probably related to that and since we just completed chemo last week and her counts are probably dropping right now they will want to monitor her. Her lungs sounded clear on Monday even though she had the cough, but a lot can change in two days. So we're packing the car and getting ready to go in. I just wanted to leave a little note about what was going on. Hopefully we won't have to stay very long.
I just wanted to let everyone know that Craig lost his job yesterday. They let him go because they said he has missed too many days. We've tried hard to not miss days, but with everything going on with Avarie there were just times that he couldn't be there. So we are unemployed at the moment. So if anyone knows of any jobs out there, we are looking. Its tough right now not only because of the economy and how many other people are looking for work, but we have the added downfall to our unpredictable schedule with Avarie right now. We are trying to get that all worked out, but we just never know what is going to happen from day to day with her. We have wonderful family that step in and try to help as much as they can. But if he has to be at work in the evenings or early mornings then it requires someone to come into our home and get kids in bed or get them up and off to school. That is hard for anyone, especially our siblings who all have children themselves and then Craig's mom is helping raise our great niece who is 4 and then my mom is available a lot, but she has some responsibilities to the Care Center that my parents own and my other siblings that also need babysitters and help sometimes. I come from a very large family with a lot of grandchildren. Its a tough spot. In order for Craig to work full time, it would require someone to actually move in with us and that is just not very feasible. I know that all sounds bleak, but somehow we will find something that will help us get through this next year and then thing should be better and maybe even by fall. I know a lot of people at the hospital who have lost their jobs due to their children's illness also. One family has lost 7 jobs in the last 6 months and they have had to move in with family to just get through this time. We've been blessed so far to not have to do that. But it might be getting close to that for us too. Now we just need to pick who will be the lucky family member that we impose on, kidding. I know you all would gladly and willing take us in if you could. I just wish we could start our Foushee or Giles Family compound idea. Several of us have joked for years about all moving onto some property together and having our family garden and livestock and schooling our children together. I think its time. Who's on Board, Anyone willing to take me up on it?

5 comments:

Faye said...

BLESS YOUR HEART!JUST KNOW WE ARE PRAYING HARD FOR YOU ALL HERE IN CANTON GA.IT WILL ALL WORK OUT.WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH,AND I KNOW IT IS HARD TO DO SOMETIMES,BUT MY MAMA ALWAYS SAID,LOOK AT THAT MUSTARD SEED,JUST THAT MUCH FAITH!OH HOW I MISS HER!SHE WENT HOME WITH THE LORD 3 YEARS AGO.I WILL BE FOLLING YOUR BLOG FOR UPDATES.I AM SENDING YOU A LOT OF HUGS!!!!!!!

Rabecca said...

Sorry to Hear that I hope everything works out for you guys I will keep my ears open for any jobs. I know the Lord is watching over your family you guys are so great and have so much faith.

Super Cooper said...

We miss you guys! Hope Avarie beats that fever. Sargents

Polly said...

Hang in there - we are always praying for her and your family. I recently joked about having Jim's family move in together and do what the pioneers did and job share and make ends meet that way, so I know exactly where your coming from. If I hear of anything for work I will pass it on too.

Anonymous said...

I'm on board!!!! I would LOVE to live at the Foushee Family Compound!!! It would be so nice to be so close to everyone! I know we are a LOT closer now then we were when we lived in AZ, but I wish we were minutes from you so I COULD just run over to help out at a moments notice. Someday!! haha!! As for imposing and moving in, you KNOW you are ALWAYS welcome to do that with us!! And now, with a bigger house, that would be possible! heehee. Hang in there, girl. We are ALL here for you and your amazing family. We Love you!