Friday, February 13, 2009

Don't read if bathroom talk bothers you!

The last couple of days have been pretty good. It is so nice to be home for a little while and actually feel like we all live here together again. We have been at the Dr or ER on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, but at least we got to come home for part of the day on those days.
The Dr's office called today. They had taken a sample of Avarie's stool yesterday when we were there because she has been having a little diarrhea. They called because it came back positive for C-Dif(not sure how to spell it, bu that is how it is said). C-Dif is some type of bacteria that causes diarrhea. It is really common in the hospitals and is very contagious. They have called in an antibiotic for her. So far no one in the family is complaining about any diarrhea, except for me. I think I may have it too, so I called in and got a prescription. It would make sense if someone was going to get it that it would be me, since I do almost all the diaper changes. I always wash or sanitize my hands after, but c-dif is not killed by hand sanitizer, only hot water and soap. Hand sanitizer kills almost everything else, but c-dif is one of those few that it doesn't. Just my luck! So we have quarantined ourselves in the house, at least those of us with any symptoms. I won't let the kids play with their friends unless they let me see their poo first. I know that sounds so gross, but I don't want to take any chances with spreading it. My understanding is that it is only contagious if you are having diarrhea. So if that is not true and you know something more please let me know. I was only told how it was spread and that it was contagious, they didn't say anything about being contagious even if you are not having diarrhea. I have the kids washing or I should say scrubbing their hands A LOT! I may be overdoing it a little, but I don't want to take any chances.
So I'm sorry for the bathroom talk, but thats whats going on for us right now.

1 comments:

kristenhcubed said...

You are in good company. We always have a lot of bathroom talk around here, too. My kids know if it goes on too long though that they have to clean a toilet! Hope you both get better soon.