Monday, February 2, 2009

Home-DR's-Home-FLU?????

Sorry a lot has happened in the last two days and I haven't had a chance to update it. Avarie ended up coming home last night, sunday night. It was very unexpected, but she was able to pass all of the chemo out of her system faster then she ever has in the past. She's only had this particular chemo two other times, but both those times took her 5-6 days to pass it and she did it in 2 days this time. She has still not been keeping food down and so I was worried about her coming home, but I wasn't there and so I was just going off of what every one else was telling me. She came home right after THE STEELERS WON! It was a good night for all of us. At least until shortly after bedtime when she started throwing up again and then has continued throwing up all day today. I was concerned because I couldn't keep her meds down and she needs them and I didn't want a repeat of the potassium level stuff. So I called the Dr and yes they said bring her in right now. Of course that was at 3:30 this afternoon and I didn't have anything packed in case we had to stay or babysitters lined up and I knew we would be in rush hour traffic and they wanted us there before 5. It became a mad dash and everything just fell into place and I didn't have to put on my brakes once the whole way down I-5. That is a miracle and we made it there by 4:30. Oh quick note, the reason I had to find people to watch the kids wasn't because Craig was at work, he was actually really sick either with food poisoning or the flu. I am hoping poisoning because I do not need the flu going through our house right now. He was so sick that he burst the blood vessles around his eyes. It looks like he has two black eyes. It was horrible to listen to. He is finally sleeping, it just let up around noon.
Anyway we got to the Dr and we were all sure that we where probably going to stay at least one night, but we did labs and everything came back ok, except that she was dehydrated, so they gave her a really good drink through her Buddy and then we decided to start giving her larger doses of Adavan to try to help ease her stomach. So far so good, she has not thrown up and she drank a fair amount of water at the Dr's office. I feel like I should go knock on wood for saying that, but I am at least hopeful that this will help a little more. It will also make her a little more sleepy, but "hehe" I won't complain about that.
So for now we are home and the Dr's have decided to move her Thursday chemo back to Monday to try to give her a little more of a break. She has not had many breaks through all of this and they really want her to have some time home and try to recooperate a little.
So for now I am asking for prayers that whatever Craig has will not infect the rest of us, because if it is a bug I know I'm next. We shared some ice cream last night and by shared I mean he ate most of it and then gave me the left over few bites and I ate off his spoon.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I hate the stomach flu! I will for sure keep that in my prayers for you guys! There is nothing worse in my opinion! I would rather break my leg!

Colbert Family said...

Hi. My name is Shelley and your sister gave me your blog address on a comment on my blog and told me about your sweet little girl. I spent some time going back to the beginning of your journey and I know you are walking a very hard road. My daughter Abbey who is three also has leukemia ALL. She was diagnosed on Oct. 2nd 2008 so very close to when your daughter was diagnosed. I will be praying for your daughter and will continue to follow your story. I know God is going to heal these little girls and this will someday be a memory for all of us. Hang in there!
Warmly,
Shelley
We also have a blog if you'd like to follow our journey...
www.colbert-family.blogspot.com