Thursday, February 12, 2009

Guess where I am, its always changing but you've got a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I'm too tired to write too much here today, but I just wanted to leave a quick note. Avarie has run a low grade fever ever since Monday, but never got into the category where we had to call until yesterday(Wednesday). Yesterday late afternoon I felt her and she felt unusually warm, but when I took her temp under her arm it was only 100. I knew that couldn't be right because she felt way too warm to me so I took it in her mouth and it came up 102.3, definitely over the 101 mark that requires her to come in. So we called and were told to take her in through the ER. It was already 4:30 and there was no way we were going to be able to make it to the office in time. The ER was really busy, but they took Avarie right back because she had low counts on Monday and their were a lot of kids there with a lot of infections, mostly coughs that we could hear lots of. We ended up staying there until a little after 11 last night and then were sent home. We have an appointment this morning and they couldn't find anything wrong with her last night except that her counts were great now and her white blood cell count was actually on the too high side meaning she is definitely fighting something. So we got to come home sleep in our own bed and then we get to turn around and go back in this morning. She's mostly likely fighting what Sawyer and I have. Some kind of cold. Sawyer has a icky nose and I had a soar throat that turned into something in my lungs last night. I am hoping hers does not develop anything in her lungs though, so far Sawyer's breathing sounds great. Mine has come on so fast. Guess I'll be wearing a mask for a while.
We have had a good time home though. I am just hoping it lasts at least a few more days. I don't normally plans dinners because I never know where I am going to be or what groceries I have in my house, but since things were going well I planned a few dinners and went to the grocery store. I want to cook them, I want to feed my kids some healthy food. They get a lot of frozen foods and things that can be thrown together quickly or things that dad is capable of making like mac n cheese and quesadillas, not the healthiest varieties. Hopefully I can cook up the food I purchased, if not I am sure I can find someone to give some of it too because Craig wouldn't know what to do with it. He doesn't have a lot of experience in the kitchen, that's my own fault, I never trained him properly (LOL).

2 comments:

mommyof6 said...

I'll cook them! It really makes me think more now of the meals I bring to people when I sign up. No frozen meals, find out when the last time they had lasagna, or spaghetti or enchiladas! I know people mean well but I fear most people don't take the time to cater the meal to the particular family needs. Anyway hope all goes well today talk to ya soon!

j and k said...

I'm sorry that her little body has to work so very hard. ANd, I'm sorry you're all under the weather! We have lots of prayers for you! Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow. You guys are loved by so many and a huge example to all!