Monday, February 9, 2009

Sent Back Home!

We went in for a lumbar puncture and chemo today. It was suppose to be a 5+day stay, but when they did labs Avarie didn't make counts so we couldn't do chemo or anything. She actually ended up needing a platelet transfusion and a red blood cell transfusion so we spent the day there getting transfusion. We will start chemo again next Monday. It will take that long for her numbers to return to be safe to do chemo again. So until then we wait and hope for no fevers. She already had one today, but they just gave her an antibiotic to cover her for almost everything and sent us home to see what happens. Hopefully we will actually get to stay home for a week. We haven't had that happen since mid-October. Its crazy how long ago that seems. So for now we're hanging out trying to make it until next Monday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT pic of Avarie. And I LOVE how your web page matches the flower in her shirt! Awesome!
Anything I can do for you? Please call me to let me know. You know I would do ANYTHING for you. I can some sit, so you can get out, or I can take kids for you. ANYTHING.

Bonnie Tucker said...

We love your blog on Avarie even if it makes us so sad to read. I hate to see any child being so sick. Children shouldn't be sick. We think of her often and pray for her everyday and I wish there was more we could do for her. You guys take care of yourselves and know that many people are praying for you!

j and k said...

We will be praying that she stays fever free! It's funny how you can be so grateful to get to go home, and yet frustrated her numbers weren't high enough. It's hard when you want to stay on track. We just went through that too, but I'm glad you have a week! I hope you guys catch up on some much needed rest and have a little fun being together. YOu're in our thoughts!