Saturday, November 22, 2008

An AMAZING Moment!!

You will want to go and pause the music so that you can hear the video.
This was one of the best moments of my life. I got to the hospital with all the kids to visit Avarie and switch out with Craig. Avarie was so happy to see the kids, especially Sawyer she really loves the baby. She actually smiled at him!!! She then took her little princess CD player that my Aunt had gotten for her and played with it and even started to kind of dance a little. I know the last time I saw her smile it was during our first hospital stay back in late September. She smiled because the Dr's gave her some fentanyl for the first time. Fentanyl is stronger then Morphine and it makes you feel happy(so I am told). But she smiled then and colored a picture with me. It lasted for about 1 hour. That was the last time Avarie smiled or actually tried to do anything like play. So when we got here today and experienced this with her it was amazing. I am so overcome with emotion right now. I can't put in to words how hard it is to watch your baby sit and deteriorate and there is nothing you can do. She was honestly disappearing before our eyes physically and emotionally. So to have been given this moment with her has lifted all of our spirits. I can't stop smiling right now. For a few moments I had a part of my baby back and with it came a hope that I have not felt for quite awhile. I keep watching the video over and over. It was one of the best moments of my life and I was able to catch it on video.

9 comments:

Rachelle said...

Oh my heavens!!!! I love it! That is the best thing I have seen in forever! It made me laugh, smile and cry all at the same time! Go Avarie! I can see why you watched it over and over! Hooray!

mommyof6 said...

It is funny how seeing her smile almost makes you forget how long it has been, she acted just like "herself" again. I'm sure it was no accident you were able to capture it on film. Love you guys:)

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

That is soooo sweet....thanks for posting!

j and k said...

What a darling video. She has such a sweet smile and your little family is just so sweet! I'm sure your heart just burst at seeing glimpses of Avarie as she used to be. She will get there again! And, we'll be cheering for that!!!!! Congrats on your better day! We'll be routing for more of them!
Kim Ujifusa

1950jane said...

I'm just starting to follow your blog. I didn't know about it before. Our hearts have been deeply touched, saddened and overcome with compassion as we read what you all have been through. Then today we rejoiced as we watched the video. It was wonderful. May God continue to strengthen, comfort and even carry you through the rest of this journey. Much love, us Sabins

Rachel and Ryan said...

eThose big beautiful blue eyes!!! I watched the video with all my kids and we laughed and smiled together. What a special moment. It is so wonderful that Avarie shared her beautiful smile with you all in the room together. What a special gift. We love you and continue to keep Avarie and you all in our prayer. Thank you for sharing this video with us all. We have already watched it several times. Much love!!!

Super Cooper said...

So, so cute! I bet that moment meant just as much to her.I hope this lifts her spirits too, and gives her more hope of things to come.Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!

Unknown said...

The video was great! And how awesome that she acted like a normal kid, not wanting to be laughed at...the normal things seem like they would mean the most! She is so sweet, our family checks in every day-my girls want to do some sort of fundraiser so as soon as we come up with a way to do it long distance we will let you know!

Unknown said...

That was such a cute video to watch. The only time I remember seeing her smile was when we were over at you house and my dad made her smile. I Love you guys!
Love, Nicole