Monday, November 10, 2008

Finally a Little Good News

Now it is only a little improvement, but today Avarie was actually awake for a little while. And while she was awake she let us talk to her and even looked at us a couple of times. She then also watched Dora. Craig and I are ecstatic. We can't stop smiling. It has been a while since there has been any acknowledgement from her that this is just huge for us. I think the chemo is killing off some of the leukemia and the antibiotics are working slowly on the infections and the pain meds are helping to ease some of it. I feel like we've turned a corner.
Craig is with her tonight and I am home seeing my other babies and just being able to take a deep breath and relax at home for one night. Then I will be back up there the rest of the week because Craig has to work. He has taken almost the entire last two weeks off because there has just been so much going on, but financially we just can't afford to take any more time off. Well honestly we couldn't afford to take that time off either, but it was necessary. I'm nervous about how the next couple of weeks will go, but I know we'll get through it and hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will get to bring Avarie home. My goal right now is before Thanksgiving.
Please keep praying for us and know how grateful we are for all of your continued support. I check the blog often and love reading responses and knowing who is out there. So everyone this is an order from the Giles Family, give a little smile right now because today showed us hope and that deserves a smile. So no tears today, today is a smile day.

12 comments:

The Halls said...

Jenell,
I am so glad that there is finally some good news for you to report! I have been thinking about you and your family so much! You HAVE to let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do! You are always in our prayers...we love you and your family!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

I am very happy for you guys! I am sure that was quite exciting to see her have some semi-responsive time!!!

Jason Young said...

Here's some smiles from the Young's!! YIPEE!!!!

mandy

Goodman Family said...

Tears of happiness!!! What a great day for you guys. Big smiles from us!

Heidi said...

That's great! Keep on smiling and
hang in there. You have alot of prayers being said for your family.
Heidi McDonald

kristenhcubed said...

It is a delight to read a "smile day" post. We are praying that there will be many more. I'm hearing you liked my goolash. I'm making you another one to stick in your freezer and I'll bring you the recipe.
*Hugs*

Rachelle said...

When I vistaed today she was nodding yes and no to my questions. It was awesome. I asked her if Ellie could bring her a picnk hat that she has and she nodded yes. I asked her if Charlie could say hi to her and she said "uh-uh". Charlie was so nervous anyway. I asked her about Dora and told her Charlie and I watched today also. I asked her if it was the same one we watched and she told me "uh-uh" again. I love that little girl!

Super Cooper said...

It took me a long time to gather myself to look at the blog, but im glad i did! I am so happy for the small but happy improvement. Our family hasnt missed a prayer that hasnt included Avarie. We wish we were closer to help. We love you guys, and are hoping to come for Thanksgiviing. Sargents

Unknown said...

Let's keep those Smile Days coming! Still praying...for all of you...If you need anything, remember we're right down the street.

Love, The Perkins Family

Joel and Kristie said...

That is a GOOD day!!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful day with us!!!

Bree said...

I'm so glad to hear that, I will continue to pray for many many more "SMILE" days.

Bonnie Tucker said...

We are so happy for you that you have a teeny bit of good news. We just hope each day it will continue to get better. She is also in our prayers as well as you and I've put her name in the Temple when I was there. Love The Tuckers