Friday, November 21, 2008

Good News

We got some good news today. Her counts are almost into normal range. Her white blood cell count went from .8 yesterday to 3 today. 4.5 is a low normal count. That is a huge increase and we are so excited. It feels like we got an early Christmas present. Also her ANC went from .20 yesterday to 1.38, 1.5 is a low normal ANC. We are so happy today. Also she has had a normal temperature all day so far. She has not had a normal temperature for over a week.
They also have started to identify the infection. It came up positive for a Grand A Bacteria. I don't know what that means yet. They are still trying to identify the exact bacteria, Grand A is a classification for type of bacteria, but they still have to identify the exact kind.
Also my sister stopped by to visit her with her son, Jackson, and Jackson gave her a little present. Avarie actually took the present and opened it and played with the stretchy frog. Avarie does not play with anything right now and she does not acknowledge people very often. I was very excited to get good news today because I am feeling really guilty not being there with her.
We are all happy today and hopeful.

5 comments:

kristenhcubed said...

We're glad to hear some good news. Julianne wanted to see if Addison could come over to play after school sometime. She's welcome here anytime. Send me an email and we can work it out.

kristenhcubed04@yahoo.com

mommyof6 said...

We had such a good visit with her, relatively speaking of course, having her look and listen to me was as if I was getting a present. I swear I tried to keep thinking of things to promise her! Jackson felt soooo glad to know that her playing with the frog was something special. Although my emotions have wavered my faith never has. We knew it would get really bad before it got better but I'm so grateful for these small "miracles". Avarie, Auntie won't forget all that I promised you. I love you and am so proud of you!

Breanna said...

I am so glad for good news. You are such a strong person, even if you don't always feel that way. I know you and your family are an inspiration to many.

Wilson Family said...

Way to go Avarie! We are proud of you and know you are trying your hardest to get better. You are a fighter..
Jenell,Avarie couldn't do it with out your support. She must have known what a really good mom you would be and that is why she chose you. You were chosen..this is your calling and you are doing it well.
Hang In There and Keep the Faith

auntlinda said...

This is GREAT news !!! You girls hang in there. We all love you.
Love Aunt Linda and family

call me so we can set something up for next week.