Saturday, November 15, 2008

Quick Note

Just a quick note to let everyone know that everything is about the same today. She continues to have fevers and so they are upping her antibiotics, but otherwise she is hanging in there. She continues to be more and more awake only napping once a day right now. Unfortunately the rest of the time she is awake she is incredibly grumpy. Its like she saved all of her negative energy from everything that has happened to her in the last month and a half and is letting it all out.
I came home last night to have a little break and see my other kids and tonight Craig is coming home too. My sister in law is going to stay a night with her and let Craig and I actually spend some time together. My sister in law Lisa is an RN so I know she is in great hands.
I am definitely feeling re-energized after getting a break and coming home. I know I've got to start taking better care of myself and giving myself breaks. Its just hard to leave your baby when they're sick. But if I don't I have noticed I am not as patient with her as I want to be and should be.
Thanks for checking in on us today and I will update again later. I wasn't able to get her on tape the other day and now I am at home, but I will get her on tape and share it as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Rachel and Ryan said...

I am happy to hear you are having some time at home with Craig and your other babies. It lifts my spirits to know Avarie is awake and talking more. Jenell, I am thankful to know you are beginning to take better care of YOU. The more you give yourself the more you'll be able to give to Avarie and your whole family. I love you so very much and think of you every day. Each day I have such a strong desire to help and I have struggled with the fact there is not much I can really do. The other night your mom reminded me the best thing we can do is to continue to pray. I am so thankful for her and for her reminding me that prayer is the most powerful thing we all can do to help. We pray for Avarie and your family every day and will continue to do so. Let Avarie know her aunt, uncle, and cousins love and miss her very much!!! WE love you guys!!!
Love, Rachel and family

Twyst said...

Hey,
Sorry I haven't been posting much, life just got kinda crazy for me the past couple weeks.

Anyway, I'm glad you got a break and re-energized. That's how I always feel when I get to go home and spend time with you guys. Unfortunately my last trip was pretty short and I didn't get to spend a lot of time with everyone, but my upcoming Christmas trip will be longer so I'll have time to see everyone.

I'm praying for Avarie's improvement with her pneumonia. And I'm going to be posting more often here I promise. I'll be there in a month!