Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
This was a hard post to write. But not because I am sad at our current misfortune, but because being in this situation has caused me to reflect on every small and large blessing I have in my life. I think we always remember these blessing, like being grateful for the roof over our head and the food on our plate, but this year has been a year where we have almost lost everything and yet still have so much. Yes our daughter is extremely ill, but I am so grateful that she is getting better every day just a little. I am grateful for every tiny little smile and every blood count that comes back good. These are things that are so easy to just take for granted in our everyday life we just expect our bodies to work or the food to be in the fridge and the rain off our heads. For some people that is just a fact of life that those things all happen, but when it doesn't it is amazing how easy it is to just sit back and see all of the tiny things we are grateful for that we didn't see before. So this Thanksgiving I am grateful for the enormous amount of blessings in my life. I laid in bed(hospital bench/bed) thinking of them all last night. It was overwhelming to be able to think of so many things to be grateful for. Yes everything may not be perfect in our life, but is any ones life perfect, I hope not. Perfection leaves us nothing to hope and strive for. So even though my daughter may lay in a hospital bed I am grateful that she is able to be here in this hospital to be receiving the care that she is and to be on the mends. She may still have a very long road to go, but I am grateful for the advances in medicine that give her that long road to be able to travel down.
I wanted to make a list of the top 10 things I am grateful for, but honestly I couldn't number them and there were too many. So instead let me just say that my life is blessed and full and yet full of challenges that I am thankful I have the strength to meet head on.
I hope everyones Thanksgiving was wonderful and full of great food and great family and friends. Even though Avarie and I were not able to be surrounded on this particular day by all of our great friends and families we are surrounded by them through prayers and thoughts and charity. We thank everyone for their love and support. That is one of our greatest blessings through all of this is to have so much love and support. We love you all and are so truly grateful for all of your love that we feel everyday from all around us. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comments:

Bonnie Tucker said...

I loved your words on Thanksgiving. It's great to be able to have such a good attitude and be going through what you are going through. It's amazing the blessings we have that we take for granted each day. I love the pictures of your other two children. One looks just like you and the other one looks just like Craig. Just know that our prayers are with you every single day.